Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

On to the Next Phase

Today I am finally harvesting something other than rhubarb and chives (although I may harvest them as well). I have a ton of oregano and lavender. So my first foray into drying begins. Plus I am going to freeze some as well. It is all an experiment at this phase and we will have to see what works and what does not. In the next few days  we will be harvesting the biggest raspberry bush I have ever seen. We found it on our property in a clearing in the woods. I want to make raspberry jam and maybe freeze some as the kids love smoothies. Hopefully there will be enough to sell as well. Plus I am going to try and take some slips from it to transplant into different areas, so we can have an even bigger harvest next year.
I will get a picture of the raspberry bush and post it. It is too big to believe.
The other chore for today will be to water. The temperature will be over 30 degrees today and my plants are feeling the heat. They need a cool drink to help them through it. I will write more tonight with some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Yum raspberries! We used to have bushes near our lake cottage and we would pick them as kids. They are my favorite berry, I can never get enough. What about blueberries? Looking forward to pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have planted blueberries, but they won't be ready this year. I can't wait. We also planted blackberries and strawberries.Can't wait to make my jam.

    ReplyDelete