Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Planting Continues

Yesterday we planted potatoes and I can't wait to eat them. I have very fond memories of my Grandfather's garden and his potatoes were always the best. When my Nan would make her mashed potatoes mmmmm.
We also finished planting our ground cherries. I just hope I can keep our little Gracie out of them. She loves them. She loves them, but I am hoping to get a big enough harvest to make jam. For those who have never had ground cherries they have a slight pineapple taste and come in a papery husk like a tomatillo. They drop from the plant when they are ripe and will last quite a while if you leave them in the husk.
We are taking today off. The apple blossom festival is on so we are headed to Kentville and then to my sister's new cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment