Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Brrrr

I am getting impatient at how long it is taking for spring to come. It is only 2 today. I remember last year giving my mother a huge bouquet of hyacinths for her birthday this time  last year. So far the only flowers up are a couple of sad little crocus. I can only hope things turn around soon. My fingers are a itching to plant.
The good news is everything I have started in the greenhouse is going like gangbusters. The ground cherries should be another bumper crop and I even started another weird berry this year. It is called a sunberry. It was very easy to start from seed. The package said 50 seeds and I came out with 81 plants. Thank-you veseys'
My tomatoes are very healthy too. I am even growing beefsteak this year. I am not a fan of the large tomatoes, but we had so many requests I couldn't ignore it. So next time I blog I will give a full list of what to expect this year and how you can get your hands on some of our very tasty veggies and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment