Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Long Time No Type

Well I wanted to keep on top of this blog and it is proving to be harder than I thought. It has been a busy spring. I will say busy but satisfying. I am so excited to be entering our second and very glad that I don't have almost an acre of sod to lift up. Weeds don't seem so bad after that.
This winter we lost our greenhouse to a very nasty wind storm. It turn itself totally inside out and left us nothing to salvage.
We have two temporary greenhouses I am using this year, but we are quite excited to have a permanent structure built in the fall. My Dad is going to design and build it so I know it will last.
I am going to take some pictures of our seedlings and send some info about this season's crops. We have switched things up a bit having learn a ton from our mistakes and successes.
So far I can report that Vesey's has come through again and my seedlings are coming like gangbusters. Almost too well. Planting extra always make sense, but when things come so well you start to run out of room it kills me to throw away perfectly goos plants. Next year we shouldn't have that problem as our greenhouse will be big enough to grow into. More later
Electa

2 comments:

  1. We have a similar plastic greenhouse, in desperate condition as it's in it's tenth year, held together with paper clamps in some areas but I wouldn't be without it for hardening off my early transplants... Yours looks oh so pretty, and clean, and real nice)))). Happy Gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wish it still looked that way. We have had such terrible wind here. One day I went outside to check on them (before I was leaving plants in them thank goodness) they were not there. I found one in a tree. Yes in a tree. One took forever to find. I thought I was going to have to go out in the car, but it was wedged amongst a bunch of trees way over one side of our property. Kudos on keeping them that long because I think ours are going to last this year only. We have terrible greenhouse karma and we are hoping three times is the charm.

    ReplyDelete