Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peonies, Shrews and Earwigs

We continue our fight with the earwigs. Everyone told us that earwigs could not possibly be doing the damage that they are doing to our crops, but we now have an eyewitness....me. One of my potted plants were being eaten the same way and I took the ground apart to find hundreds of them in one pot....UGH!
I am not normally freaked out by bugs but seeing hundreds of those creepy things crawling everywhere, is up there on the creepy scale.
Other than worrying about everything being eaten, we have a cat who has perfected her skills at killing shrews. She can can kill sometimes 3 a day. The killing is not the problem it is the disposal of the bodies that bother me. We now have a shrew dying field. I have nightmares of shrew zombies coming after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment