Spring

Spring
The beautiful weather has given us a head start. Let's hope Jack Frost doesn't pay us a visit.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Beginning of a New Season

In light of last season's struggles we are optimistically cautious about this season. Steve was away fro most of our growing and harvesting season. I made an executive decision to do the best I could with the time I had. We had a fairly decent drop despite the weather and time constraints. The ability to to transfer that harvest into selling was what we had to sacrifice. I did a lot of canning and even sold a few bottles. In the end I was happy with what we accomplished, but this year we hope to go further.
We have started to expand into our back field and our ground cherry production should be in full swing. They have becoming more popular. My ground cherry jam has received some rave reviews and I hope to sell more than a couple of bottles this year.
Please keep posted for what I am planting and how things are progressing. With the addition of our road side stand this year we hope to see everyone this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment